Wayne Romphf - 306 729 3033
Councillors Kim Becker
Sandi Metz - 306 729-0012
Michael Park - 306 541 6513
Councillor Job Description
Time commitment: Meetings, preparation, & consultations (30 days per year)*
Committee/task group participation, other (equivalent of 6 to 10 days per year)**
(The time on committees and task groups is in 3 to 4 hour blocks of time)
Accountability: The Council is collectively accountable to the residents of the Town of Regina Beach, and other stakeholders. They are accountable for the Council’s performance in relation to its mission and strategic objectives and for the effective stewardship of financial and human resources.
Authority: Individual Councillors have no authority to approve actions by Town of Regina Beach, to direct staff, or to speak on behalf of Town of Regina Beach, unless given such authority by the Council.
Responsibility: Councillors are responsible for acting in the best long-term interests of Town of Regina Beach and its members; and will bring to the task of informed decision-making, a broad knowledge and an inclusive perspective.
General Duties: Every member of the Council is expected to do the following:
• Prepare for and attend Council meetings;
• Work as a team member and support Council decisions;
• Participate in the review of Council’s mission and objectives and the development of a strategic plan;
• Monitor the performance of the Council in relation to objectives and core values;
• Approve the budget and monitor financial performance in relation to it;
• Abide by the by-laws, code of conduct and other polices that apply to the Council;
• Establish, review and monitor polices that guide core operational practices (e.g., financial management, human resource management);
• Participate in hiring and releasing the CAO;
• Participate in the evaluation of the CAO;
• Participate in the orientation of new Councillors;
• Participate in the evaluation of the Council itself;
• Participate in committee work;
• Keep informed about community issues relevant to the mission and objectives of the Council
Qualifications: The following are considered key job qualifications:
• Commitment to Town of Regina Beach’s mission and strategic directions;
• A commitment of time; and
• Openness to learning.
Evaluation: The performance of Councillors is evaluated annually in the context of the evaluation of the Council and is based on the carrying out of duties and responsibilities as outlined above.
Town of Regina Beach Meetings: Town of Regina Beach holds two evening meetings per month on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday.
Town of Regina Beach Committees and Task Groups
Town of Regina Beach has two standing committees – Governance Committee and Finance Committee.
There have been a number of different task groups during the past couple of years – Waterfront Restoration, Park Advisory, Parks Recreation and Culture Board, Cemetery, and IMUC
In 2020, Regina Beach is the premier resort community in Saskatchewan, recognized for:
• Culture - a culture of growth, innovation, future-focus of the communities residents and leaders;
• Community - the high sense of community belonging and a high level of participation of residents in the planning and activities that make Regina Beach a great place to live and visit.
• Activities - the variety of social, recreational and cultural activities and services for residents and visitors of all ages.
• Outdoors - the variety of trails, beaches, parks and well maintained natural amenities that enrich the lives of residents and visitors.
• Appearance - clean, attractive and aesthetically cohesive residential, business and recreational neighbourhoods, created through the long-term community development plan.
• Business - a dynamic, thriving and growing business community that meets the diverse goods and service needs of the whole community.
• Infrastructure - dependable, cost-effective water, sewer and road systems that meet the current needs of citizens and businesses, and enables future growth.
• Finances - a financial plan that supports the long-term provision of quality services and fiscal health with a tax burden that is favourable to similar communities.