REGINA BEACH HOUSING AUTHORITY
The Utilities operator is directly responsible to the Manger of Public Works and Utilities.
- Must possess a Level 1 Water and Waste Water Treatment Certificate, and be willing to successfully obtain Level II Water Treatment Certificate.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills applicable to water treatment.
- Excel in ability to successfully deal with the general public concerns, complaints in relation to water treatment issues.
- Successful criminal record check required.
Primary Function of the Position:
Under the supervision of the Manager of Public Works and Utilities, the utilities operator will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of all water related systems and other public works duties as assigned.
- Advise the Public Works Manager regarding all matters relative to the utilities department.
- Order and control chemical inventory, utility material and supplies and report year-end inventory count.
- Approach public relations in a competent, courteous manner when communicating town policies and procedures.
- Display a friendly and cooperative attitude.
- Operate and maintain facilities to ensure that water is potable and meets provincial water quality objectives.
- Daily maintenance checks on all facilities.
- Follow a preventative maintenance schedule for all facilities.
- Monitor reservoir water levels to ensure adequate supply.
- Daily collecting, testing and recording of results of water samples from various locations.
- Collect and submit required samples and reports to provincial government.
- Weekend water testing and on call rotation.
- Water meter reading, repair and inventory control.
- Subscriber connections and disconnections.
- Maintain water main and connection valves and fire hydrants.
- Install and repair of underground services.
- Bi-annual lagoon sampling.
- Vegetation control.
- Maintain acceptable operating levels of lagoon cells.
Maintain utility department facilities and grounds in good physical appearance.
- Be available for weekend and evening work as required.
- Perform such other related functions and duties as maybe required by the Manager of Public Works and Utilities.